Yesterday I brought to you my top 10 favorite John King pictures, shots where he is casual and away from the camera. Even though we have oodles and oodles of screencaps available thanks to Kitten et al., I nonetheless yesterday wanted to show a fun, more rarely seen side of John.
Today I continue with the Top 10 series. Again, I wanted to make this fun and light-hearted. So, in that spirit, I present to you:
The Top Ten Reasons Why We Tune Into John
(aka “There really are 12 reasons listed, but who’s counting?”)
10. The impressive tie collection.
(Credit to Book Asylum for the above tie collection representing January 2007, which is also posted at her website).
9 1/2. It should be noted that John is humble about compliments to his appearance!
9. The sneaking ways he brings up Boston.
8. His ability to come up with quick-witted banter.
(Here John is discussing the “Birds and the Bees” with Jack Cafferty)
7. The wearing of his heart on his sleeve when it comes to his kids Noah and Hannah.
(John mentions here how he reads Harry Potter with his son.)
6. He knows how to deliver a really good speech!
5. John always asks intelligent and thoughtful questions of interview subjects.
4. His compassion when covering difficult stories.
(John is discussing the day schedule of one of the Virginia Tech shooting victims, Emily Hilscher.)
3. His ability to get up close and personal with his subject matter.
2. His professionalism, honesty and credibility.
1 1/2. His ability to make the mind-numbing primary calendar understandable and even interesting.
(Ok, so the above is not a 2008 primary calendar but you get the point. Thanks Javagirl for the pic! Here is a US map with the number of delegates assigned to each State:)
And, the number one reason?
1. Anyone who rubs elbows with presidents and royalty, senators and celebrities, yet maintains he is just as equally intrigued and fascinated by interviewing everyday folk, is all right in my book!