I am going to do something completely new this evening. I put together a special “johnthenewsking” quiz for those of you who have been following along since the blog started this past summer (and of course also for those of you who have recently discovered this site!)
The following are some trivia questions that you can find if you know which post(s) to check out. If you aren’t sure, there are other ways to locate the information: search by category or by keyword to narrow down the choices. Consider the quiz as a type of “scavenger hunt”. For example,
Q: Where is John likely headed to next on the campaign trail?
a. Las Vegas
The answer (as found in yesterday’s post) is “a. Las Vegas “. You will score 5 points for each correct answer with a total of 100 points possible. Now, without further ado, here are the questions. Happy scavenger hunting!
1. What is the name of the grammar school John attended?
a. St. Luke’s Grammar School
b. St. Joseph’s Grammar School
c. St. Mark’s Grammar School
d. St. Christopher’s Grammar School
2. What off-season sport was an interviewee playing during John’s coverage of the 2006 New England Nor’easter?
3. What topic did he moderate for the 2003 NBA All-Star Technology summit?
a. “Market Transformations: The Next Evolution in E-Commerce”
b. “Digital Transactions Come of Age”
c . “The Promise of Wireless Commerce”
d. “Community Without Borders”
4. Which actor does he resemble (at least according to Millie)?
a. George Clooney
b. Brendan Fraser
c. Don Johnson
d. Brad Pitt
5. What is referred to in the blog as the “Holy Grail” of John King finds?
a. YouTube Spin Room interview with Why Tuesday
b. Video clip of John on location with soldiers in Kuwait
c. YouTube Spin Room video interview with Shelbinator
d. 2002 Daily Show appearance
6. What kind of pest problem does John say occasionally plagues the White House basement?
7. Which news agency interviewed John right after he returned from the front lines of Kafji, Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War?
8. What piece of electrical equipment failed while he was on air recently?
c. screen graphic
d. camera lighting
9. Who did he interview in 2002 to discuss a pacemaker?
a. Collin Powell
b. George W. Bush
c. Condeleeza Rice
d. Dick Cheney
10. Whose program was he a guest panelist on in 1993?
a. Peter Jennings
b. Tim Russert
c. Charlie Rose
d. Ted Koppel
11. What was the title of the song Joan (Kitten) used to highlight life on the road during election season?
a. Til We Run Out of Road
b. On The Road Again
c. King Of The Road
d. Road To Nowhere
12. What current movie is set in John’s hometown?
a. Gone Baby Gone
b. American Gangster
c. Michael Clayton
d. Lions For Lambs
13. What special assignment did he agree to be a guinea pig for? (Hint: Think “Candidate King”)
a. Secret Service protectee
b. National Guard volunteer
c. Police academy trainee
d. Marine boot camp drill instructor
14. What does he refer to as “The Bubble”?
a. Living in the Washington DC area
b. Reporting at the White House
c. Traveling on the Election Express bus
d. Guest hosting a CNN news program
15. What is his older sister’s name?
a. Janet Marie
b. Jeanne Marie
c. Julia Marie
d. Jeanette Marie
16. What was John doing when he first heard about a plane attacking the World Trade Center?
a. Getting ready for work
b. Dropping his kids off at school
c. Reporting a story live on air
d. Attending a meeting near the White House
17. What was one of towns he reported live from during the California Wildfires?
a. Rancho Cucamonga
b. Rancho Cordova
c. Rancho Bernardo
d. Rancho Palo Verde
18. What state did he travel to, to report on President Bush’s lack of ever visiting?
b. New Hampshire
c. Rhode Island
19. What is one of his favorite genres of music?
20. Which college did he deliver a commencement speech at in 2006?
a. Hobart and Willliam Smith College
b. University of Rhode Island
c. Yale University
d. Boston College
Check back soon for answers!